School Supply List
In the News
KMES STEM Club
STEM is an acronym for Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math. It is a huge initiative in the United States designed to bring these topics into the spotlight for students of all ages. Millions of dollars have been granted to schools across the country to fund clubs and programs designed to spark student interest in these fields. KMES has one of these clubs that will compete in the STEM Robotics Challenge at the Pavilion on June 12, 2015. This year, there are 12 fourth and fifth grade students building robots to represent KMES in the competition.
KMES Cubs READ!
VBCPS Comprehensive Literacy Program…
What does your child’s Language Arts instruction include?
- Shared Reading ~ teacher & students share text and read/discuss together
- Shared Writing ~teacher & student compose writing together
- Guided Reading & Guided Writing ~students read & write with teacher support
- Independent Reading & Writing ~students read independent level text and respond independently
- Developmental Word Study ~ teacher directed instruction in small groups, partner/independent practice, application in reading & writing
Habits of Mind
At KMES, we are teaching our students about the behaviors of successful people. HabitsofMind.org is a great resource.
Gifted Education Program
Connect with us
Summer Hours (Mon-Thurs)
8 a.m. - 4 p.m.
8:40 a.m. - 3:10 p.m.
8:40 a.m. - 11:50 p.m.
12:00 p.m. - 3:10 p.m.